Are you ready for an amazing day trip from Cairo to Alexandria? You’ll get to visit some incredible historical sites, like the rock-cut Roman catacombs, the ruins of a Roman temple complex, …
Experience the best of Alexandria with our day trip from Cairo! Our expert tourist guide will pick you up from your hotel at 7 AM and take you on a journey through history.
First, we’ll visit the catacomb of Kom El Shoqafa – the largest Roman cemetery cut in the rock. These catacombs are a series of tombs that were discovered in 1900 when a donkey fell into one of them! You’ll be amazed by the intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
Next, we’ll see the Pompey pillar – a stunning monument constructed in honor of the emperor of Diocletian at the end of the fourth century. Made of red granite and standing 25 meters tall, this pillar is truly a sight to behold.
After that, we’ll visit Qaitbey Citadel – one of the most important defensive strongholds. Built-in 1477 AD by Sultan Al-Ashraf Sayf al-Din Qa’it Bay to protect The city from the Ottoman Empire, this citadel is a testament to the city’s rich history.
Finally, we’ll finish our day trip by visiting the Roman theatre and Alexandria Bibliotheca. You’ll be transported back in time as you explore these incredible landmarks.
Book your Alexandria day tour from Cairo today and experience history like never before!
* Pick up from your hotel in Cairo.
* English speaking guide during your tour. (Other Languages available on request with extra charge)
* Bottle of Mineral Water to Each person during the tour.
* All transfers by air-conditioned modern car.
* All service charges and taxes.
* Transfer back to your hotel at the end of your tour
* Visa to Egypt.
* Any other optional tours if required.
* Entrance fees to the above-mentioned sites.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we would be thrilled to answer you.